Aside from the obvious, reading magazines, I find that the most productive way to keep on top of technology is to listen to pod-casts. In general, it takes me about 20-45 minutes to commute to and from work every day. So, what I do is listen to pod-casts during this time. I find this much better than public radio, and I get to learn at the same time. What about traffic reports? You might ask. Who cares? When I'm listening to something that keeps my interest, staying in the car a little longer is not such a chore.
Here is the current list of podcasts that I listen to:
- Security now - Published weekly.
- Windows weekly - Published weekly.
- Buzz out loud - Published daily.
- This week in tech - Published weekly.
- Maximum PC podcast - Published weekly.
- PC Gamer podcast - Published weekly.
I'm always open to suggestions so if you are reading this and you have a suggestion for an additional podcast, please feel free to post it as a comment.