Saturday, March 26, 2005

Project for Lisa II

The project is almost done. I just finished gluing all of the pieces down and placed some weight on top of the picture to keep it all compressed while the glue dries. It took me about 20 hours in total to get to this point. Not too bad. Tomorrow, if there's time, I'll put the frame together and mount the picture in the frame.

The one thing that I noticed about this project is that once you get going, it becomes addictive and you don't want to stop for anything.

Lisa has already asked me if I am going to make another one? Different picture, naturally, but I don't know the answer to that question yet. It mostly depends on if there is a bare wall in need of some kind of art. Right now, I don't know of one, but I am sure that where there's a will (Lisa) there is soon to be a bare wall. She'll probably take some picture or painting down when I am not paying attention. She'll then wait a couple of days, and then claim that there is a bare spot that could use a picture. I'll swear that there was a picture there, she'll play dumb, and I'll end up having to make another picture. Years from then, I'll probably discover the original artwork stashed away in the attic or the basement, collecting dust. That is just the way things like this usually go around here. It's all in good fun, of course.

Once the picture has dried and is framed, I promise that I'll post a photo of it. The one thing that I have to say is that it came out much better than I had expected that it would. I'm actually quite pleased with it, even if I have to say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment